One of the important parts of the wedding planning process is choosing your first dance song. Committing to infinity is substantive and sentimental. Therefore, finding the song to summarize that forever feeling should be the same, too. The music and lyrics of the song will help define your first moments of married happiness. Aside from that, the song will also trigger memories of your wedding day for the rest of your lives.
When choosing a first dance song, some couples decide on it long before getting engaged. However, some are overwhelmed with the endless options out there that they find it challenging to make a unified decision. If you find it difficult to choose a first dance song for your wedding, there are a few things you can consider that may help you:
- Choose something sentimental: A lot of couples are looking for a song that relates, in one way or another, to their relationship. It can be a song that you heard during your first date or first kiss. It can be a song that reminds you of a special day together. No matter the reason, it’s great if you can pick a song that has sentimental value to make your first dance special.
- Reflect on your love story: If you do not have a special song, you can choose something significant for your first dance by thinking about important moments you’ve had together. It can be the struggles you conquered or the unusual start of your relationship. After this, try and research to find a song that is close enough to your particular love story.
- Choose a genre you both want: There are thousands of songs out there that can be used for a first dance. To narrow down your options, you can focus on one particular genre that you and your partner both want. This can be challenging if you have different tastes in music. However, finding common ground can help, and it can also introduce you to the art of compromise.
- Decide if you want a song that is traditional or contemporary: You also need to ask yourselves if you want a classic first dance song or a contemporary one. This depends on your personal preferences.
If you are searching for the best first dance song for your wedding, we are here to further help you. Here are the 5 most romantic first dance songs for weddings that we can recommend.
1. Make You Feel My Love – Adele
Adele is a British singer who has a version of Bob Dylan’s 1997 original song “Make You Feel My Love.” The song is very serious in that it carries an ostensibly dark undertone. But if you listen to the lyrics carefully, you will realize how romantic it is. It has lines like “Go to the ends of the Earth for you, to make you feel my love,” making it a perfect first dance song for weddings. The lyrics of this song make it a piano-laced love anthem for the ages.
2. The One – Kodaline
If you are searching for a bit newer song for your first dance, then “The One” by Kodaline is a great choice. Kodaline is an Irish rock band, and this song’s lyrics are perfect for a wedding dance song. One part of the song goes, “Tell me, tell me that you want me, and I’ll be yours completely, for better or for worse.” This song might be an indie alternative jam, but it surely is romantic and will bring lots of emotions to your first dance.
3. How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) – James Taylor
This song has an almost elementary-like effect. It is a wholesome jangle-y rendition of a Marvin Gaye original. This song also has iconic lines like, “I wanna stop, and thank you, baby,” where your audience can sing along as you dance. This is a perfect song if you want something classic but lively, too.
4. Finally // beautiful stranger – Halsey
This song is written as a first dance song. It hits home as a new wedding classic because it reminisces on falling in love and growing in a relationship. This song has a beautiful tune, which is perfect for a first dance song. It is simple, romantic, and downright perfect.
5. A custom-made song for your first dance
There can be hundreds and thousands of first dance songs to choose from out there, but we can say that the most romantic first dance song for a wedding is a custom-made one. You might worry that you do not have any experience in writing and composing a song, but this is not a problem. It’s because Bring My Song To Life can provide this for you.
Bring My Song To Life is an online platform composed of a team of musicians. They can help you create your own custom wedding song, which tells your unique love story. All you need to do is tell the team your story, choose a genre, select a package from the options they offer, and wait for your song to be created. This can definitely make your first dance more memorable as you will listen to your personal love story as you dance with the love of your life.
These are the best first dance songs we can recommend. Whatever song you choose, just make sure that both of you and your partner are happy with the final results. After all, the first dance song you will pick will be yours for many years to come.